NIA DG weeps as Buhari suspends him, SCF Lawal
- Osinbanjo heads probe committee, to submit report in 2weeks
- NIA DG denied entry to president’s office
- Fayose, senators, Ozekhome,YUF, other react
Suspended Director-General of the National Intelligent Agency (NIA), Ambassador Ayodele Oke, wept on Wednesday, after attempts by him to get access to both the President and Vice president’s office were rebuffed.
N’Assembly panels, SANs, others hail suspension of SGF, NIA boss.
- Buhari orders probe into seized N13bn, grass-cutting contract scandal
- Suspended official must appear in court if indicated – SERAP, CDHR
Prominent individual and eminent persons, groups, on Wednesday, hailed President Muhammadu Buhari for suspending the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Mr David Lawal; and the Director-General of National Intelligence Agency, Ambassador Ayo Oke.
Drama in Aso Rock as Buhari suspends, probes SGF, NIA DG
There was a mild drama at the Presidential villa, Abuja Yesterday following the announcement by President Muhammadu Buhari suspending the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), David Babachir Lawal and the Director General (DG) of the National Intelligent Agency (NIA), Ambassador Ayo Oke.
How Buhari sealed SCF Lawal’s NIA DG’s fate
- Osinbanjo, NSA, AGF to probe Lawal, Oke
- Yadam, Habibat Lawal to act as NIA DG, SGF
President Muhammadu Buhari suspends Secretary to the Government of the Federation Babachir Lawal and National Intelligence Agency (NIA) Director-General Ayo Oke after two meetings with his cabinet, The Nation Learnt last night.
- Lawal, Oke suspended over N200m contract scam, N15bn recovery
- SGF asks: who is the presidency?
- Security agents bar NIA DG
- Osinbanjo heads probe panel
- Senate, Sagay, lawyers applauds president
- Suspension, an afterthought – Fayose
President Muhammadu Buhari yesterday wielded his hammer against the senior officials of his administration in the war against corruption.
Nigeria’s cash-strapped oil industry swaps pipelines for barges
- Nigeria pays price for Forcados terminal
Winding through the creeks of Nigeria’s oil-producing Western Delta, between wellheads and canoes, are barges and smaller vessels used to transport crude.
Suspended SGF, NIA boss in drama at Aso Rock
- Lawal runs to Osinbanjo’s office; asks journalists: Who’s The Presidency?
- Officials shut NIA D-G out of Buhari’s office
- Kudos knocks greet Buhari’s action; Rep demands detailed probe
- Suspension is stepping in right direction, says Senate
Abuja- The suspension of Director-General of national Intelligent Agency, NIS, Ambassador Ayo Oke, and Secretary to Government to the Federation, Mr David Babachir Lawal, elicited dramatic responses from both officials who were involved in a mild drama on hearing of the development.