50 killed as Yoruba as Hausa clash in Osun
…houses destroyed , vehicle burnt
- Policemen, soldiers deployed
- Government impose curfew
- Ooni sues for peace
Peace being enjoyed in ile-ife, osun state, since the end of the intractable war between ife and modakeke people, was shattered yesterday when violence erupted in the ancient town.
Ambode tackles fed govt over lagos airport road
- Governor: ministry of works frustrating us
Lagos state yesterday accused the federal government of frustrating its plan to rebuild the oshodi-Murtala Muhammed airport road.
Smuggling, import decline threaten customs’ N1.1 trillion revenue target
The Nigerian customs service (NCS) may not meet its N1.1 trillion revenue target for 2017 as smuddling continues at the nations point of entry.
Xenophobic attacks : senate, house fight over S’ African trip
- House insits on going independently – Ekweremadu
- We first took the decision, say representatives
- Size of delegation, $5000 allowance, others cause rift
The senate and the house of Representatives are to loggerhead on the proposed trip to South Africa by both chamber in the connection with the recent xenophobic attacks on the Nigerians in the country, The Punch learnt on Thursday.
NON-YAMENT OF N541BN LOAN
3 banks take over Etisalat Nigeria
- We’ve been paying until recently: negotiations still on—Etisalat
Curfew in ile-Ife, as death toll rises to 10
The Osun State government yesterday imposed a two-days curfew on the ancient city of Ile-Ife following the voilent clash between the Hausa and Yoruba
Adebayo, first western state gov, dies a day to his 89th birthday
• Govs, Yoruba leaders , groups pay tribute to him
• A leader, worthy elder of Yoruba nation—Afenifere
• I’ll miss spending time with my father , says daughter.