A toxicology report carried out on the Music legend Prince has revealed that the star had an exceedingly high concentration of fentanyl in his body.
Prince Rogers Nelson, died on April 21, 2016, after being found unresponsive in an elevator at Paisley Park, his home and recording studio in Chanhassen, Minnesota.
Since his death, information has emerged about his alleged abuse of prescription drugs and the toxicology report seems to confirm that.
A toxicology report from Prince’s autopsy says the concentration of fentanyl in his blood was 67.8 micrograms per liter, which is a lot, considering that fatalities have been documented in people with levels beginning at 3 micrograms per liter. The DEA said that “approximately two milligrams is a lethal dose for most non-opioid-dependent individuals.”
Fentanyl is the most powerful opioid in medicine and is prescribed to relieve pain from cancer. It can be made illicitly and is blamed for a spike in overdose deaths in the United States. It’s 25 to 50 times more potent than heroin and 50 to 100 times more potent than morphine, according to the US Drug Enforcement Administration.
A partial toxicology report previously released by the Midwest Medical Examiner’s Office concluded that Prince died from an accidental overdose of fentanyl.