President Bola Tinubu has reappointed Senator Mudashiru Hussain and 19 others as Federal Commissioners of the National Population Commission (NPC).
Hussain, a former Senator and member of the House of Representatives, was first appointed by former President Muhammadu Buhari in 2020, before his reappointment today.
Hussain is a strong-ally of the immediate-past Minister of Interior, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola.
A statement by presidential spokesperson, Ajuri Ngelale, on Wednesday, noted that nine out of the federal commissioners were reappointed for a second term in office, while eleven are new.
The new appointees;
(1) Hon. Emmanuel Trump Eke — Abia
(2) Dr. Clifford Zirra — Adamawa — Reappointed
(3) Mr. Chidi Christopher Ezeoke — Anambra — Reappointed
(4) Barr. Isa Audu Buratai — Borno — Reappointed
(5) Bishop Alex Ukam — Cross River
(6) Ms. Blessyn Brume-Ataguba — Delta
(7) Dr. Jeremiah Ogbonna Nwankwegu — Ebonyi
(8) Dr. Tony Aiyejina — Edo — Reappointed
(9) Mr. Ejike Ezeh — Enugu — Reappointed
(10) Mr. Abubakar Damburam — Gombe — Reappointed
(11) Prof. Uba Nnabue — Imo — Reappointed
(12) Ms. Sa’adatu Dogon Bauchi Garba — Kaduna
(13) Dr. Aminu Ibrahim Tsanyawa — Kano
(14) Hon. Yori Afolabi — Kogi
(15) Hon. Olakunle Sobukola — Ogun
(16) Hon. Temitayo Oluseye Oluwatuyi — Ondo
(17) Sen. Mudashiru Hussain — Osun — Reappointed
(18) Ms. Mary Ishaya Afan — Plateau
(19) Mr. Ogiri Itotenaan Henry — Rivers
(20) Mr. Saany Sale — Taraba — Reappointed
Ngelale added that the President charged the new and returning NPC Federal Commissioners to successfully implement all measures taken by his administration to produce and effectively appropriate accurate population data, with which lasting solutions to Nigeria’s socio-political and economic challenges can be conclusively developed and executed.
Sodiq Yusuf is a trained media practitioner and journalist with considerable years of experience in print, broadcast, and digital journalism. His interests cover a wide range of causes in politics, governance, sports, community development, and good governance.