The State Government of Osun has urged Transporters in the State to ensure the availability of sanitizers at motor parks, their respective buses as well as disinfecting their buses/motorcycles/tricycles for passengers safety.
In a statement on Saturday, the Soecial Adviser to the Governor on Works and Transport, Engr Hussein Olaniyan said the directive is necessary as the partial relaxation of the lockdown begins on Monday.
Hon Olaniyan also tasked them to obey strictly the directives of the Governor while carrying out their business activities.
He further explained that recalcitrants to the dictates of the order would be made to face the wrath of the law.
BELOW IS THE STATEMENT
Further to the recent directive of the Governor of the State of Osun, Mr. Gboyega Oyetola to curb the spread of COVID-19 pandemic in the State and the country at large, the Government of the State of Osun hereby direct all Transporters / Commuters / Passengers /Motorists / Motorcyclists and all categories of Road Users, effective from Monday 4th of May, 2020, to comply with the following regulations on all transportation activities within the State:
1. There shall be immediate suspension of all Inter-State Operations/ Movements, as the State Government would not allow Inter State Operations in order to effectively manage and control movement within the State and measure the level of success achieved with various strategies by the State Government to control further spread of the highly contagious killer disease;
2. All Commercial / Commuters Operations within the State shall be between the hours of 6am and 5pm Monday to Thursday of every week, while it is mandatory for all Passengers/Commuters to wear nose covers, wash their hands with soap under running water and sanitize with alcohol based sanitizers before and after each trip;
3. All Transport Operators and local Park Managers are to provide at the entrance to their respective parks/garages, hand washing facility with soap and running water.
4. All Transport Operators and local Park are advised and expected to have alcohol based sanitizers in their Vehicles for the use of Drivers, Conductors and Passengers.
5. All Transport Operators and local Parks are not allowed to overcrowd/over load their vehicles at this point in time, Passenger’s spacing must be fully observed. All commercial vehicles (i.e korope and other commercial buses) shall carry two passengers per row with each passenger sitting at the extreme end of the vehicle. While commercial motorcycles (Okada) shall carry one passenger, Tricycle (Keke Napep) shall carry not more than 2 passengers only at the back and no passenger in front.
6. All supply vehicles (Trucks) transporting medicals, foods, beverages, petroleum, raw materials other and agricultural products into and out of the State must ensure not more than 3 persons (driver inclusive) are in the bus at a time, while the driver and all other occupants must wear their nose covers.
7. All Transport Operators / Companies are to regularly disinfect their vehicles, parks and garages. They may collaborate with the State Ministry of the Environment and Sanitation on the standard of disinfectants approved by the State Government for use.
8. All transport operators/company, local park managers and passengers are expected to report any suspected case of COVID-19 to the Ministry of Works & Transport on 07061061154 or call State of Osun Ministry of Health Helplines: 08035025692, 08033908772,
08056456250. Or call State of Osun toll free Emergency Helpline on 293
9. Members of the general public are also expected to report all transport operators/companies, local park managers that fail to comply with these above guidelines to the Monitoring Officer at sight or write to the Ministry, stating the Vehicle Registration Number, Park and Time.
10. Finally, we are confident that with your assured cooperation as transport stakeholders and a people, we will join forces to put an end to the scourge of the Covid-19.