The State Government of Osun has said no document or equipment was destroyed in the minor inferno that occurred at the Governor’s Office, Abeere on Monday.
The Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr Adelani Baderinwa in a statement said the incident was as a result of power surge in one of the Air Conditioners inside the office of the Governor.
Read The Full Statement Below:
Osun Governor’s Office Catches Fire, No Document, Equipment Destroyed
The Office of the Governor of the State of Osun caught fire on Monday evening.
The fire incident was as a result of power surge which occurred in one of the Air Conditioners inside the office of the Governor.
It is heartening to note that not a single document, or equipment was destroyed and nobody was hurt.
We reiterate that every document in the governor’s office is intact.
It is not a serious fire outbreak.
The fire mainly affected the office of the Governor alone; no other office is affected.
It is regrettable that the electricity suppliers have been persistently unable to regulate the supply of power to meet the necessary standard.
Many Nigerians have lost their properties to power surges and other electrical malfunctioning.
We urge the electricity supplier to save this situation by conforming with the rules and regulations of electricity supply.
Commissioner for Information and Strategy
State of Osun