Wale Alabi Appointed SSA On Regional Integration

The Honourable Commissioner for Regional Integration in the state of Osun Hon. Bola Ilori has announced the appointment of Wale Alabi as Senior Special Assistance to the Governor on Regional Integration.

The announcement which was made in a statement released from the office of the Commission for Regional Integration said the new appointee will be unveiled in official capacity at Bola Ige House, Abere by 12 noon Wednesday.

“Wale Alabi was born to the family of Chief Isiaka Alabi Ayodele of Obaloja Compound, Oke-Ede, Ila Orangun in Ila Local Govt, State of Osun.

“He attended Christ African Primary School, Laro Grammar School, Kwara State Polytechnics, Interlinks Polytechnic and Ladoke Akintola University. Wale Alabi is a graduate of Business Administration and Management.

“”He was previously a Consultant on Cultural Matters, Olorunda Local Government, Osogbo. Chairman, Technical Committee on Sanitation, Olorunda Local Government, Osogbo.

“A Managing Partner at Sky Chemmer Nigeria Limited. The Publisher of Heritage African Magazine and successful investor in SME.

“He is a man of the people, a grassroots mobiliser and media guru. He remains the coordinator of the highly successful Progressive e-Group.

While congratulating Wale Alabi the Honourable Commissioner, Hon. Bola Ilori expressed his confidence in the dedication and loyalty of the appointee and expressed the hope that he will greatly assist in such areas as regional orientation, mobilization and as may from time to time be directed.

His official presentation shall hold at the office of the Honourable Commissioner for Regional Integration, Bola Ige House, State Secretariat, Abere, Osogbo at 12 noon on Wednesday, 25th, 2017.

Group Condemns Attack On Bola Ilori In Ondo

The Ondo state chapter of Asiwaju Grassroots Foundation, AGF has expressed its unreserved condemnation of the unwarranted attack against the person of the Osun state Commissioner for Regional Integration Hon. Bola Ilori describing the act as a serious embarrassment to Ondo state and a serious dent on Ondo state credential of civility.

The group in a release issued in Akure and signed by the state co-ordinator Mr. Olanrewaju Akinkuotu said: “the despicable act is totally alien to Yoruba culture of upholding human dignity and civility towards one’s guests”.

“The APC Zonal Consultation on restructuring was advertised as an open invitation event and all Nigerians were encouraged to be in attendance to share their opinion on the future of Nigeria. Its therefore strange where the logic that Bola Ilori should not have attended the event came from. If anything, the scenario has portrayed the Ondo Government functionaries that anchored the event has lacking in basic understanding of what their mandates were”

“To the best of our knowledge, Hon. Bola Ilori is a Nigerian and that grants him the basic right to be at the event. When you now add that to the fact that he was there as part of the delegation of another sister state duly invited for the programme, then the harassment suffered by Hon. Bola Ilori smacks of arrant lack of sense of accommodation of divergent opinions which is the hallmark of true democracy. This is undemocratic and brutish totally unjustifiable and we condemn it in its entirety.

“We are also surprised and embarrassed by the acute display of lack of tact by the Ondo state commissioner of Information. What any knowledgeable government functionary would have done was to immediately condemn the attack and distance the government from the act even if they are the actual sponsor. The rationalization of the violence by the information commissioner has in a big way escalated what could have been better managed. We sincerely believe that our Governor Bar Rotimi Akeredolu (SAN) is not part of this dishonourable act but mere thoughtless action of some overzealous aides”

“This is not the first time Oranmiyan would intervene in Ondo politics. We remember that the same Oranmiyan with the same flag the information Commissioner tries to cast aspersions against in a bid to defend a miscreant who tore Hon. Bola Iloori shirt was in Ondo state in 2012 to campaign and set up structures throughout the state to support our current Governor Bar. Akeredolu, simple search on google would have reveal this to our commissioner. Our information Commissioner should not be seen to be helping the governor source more enemies, we should all promote unity and good neighbourliness”.

“We hereby call on law enforcement agents to immediately arrest and prosecute the perpetrators of the attack and their sponsors. The allegations against the Secretary to the state government should also be investigated. We call on leaders of APC to immediately intervene in the matter to prevent further escalation of the unwarranted crisis. The possibility of what this sad event can lead to is beginning to manifest with the condemnable violence between Sunshine stars supporters and Osun United where Sunshine stars suffered two injuries and about six Osun Government buses were destroyed in the fracas. Whoever thinks it cannot get beyond this if no effort is made to intervene would only be playing ostrich” AGF concluded.

Attack On Bola Ilori Is Attack On Osun People, Government

State Government of Osun has described as barbaric, reprehensible th‎e attack on its Commissioner for Regional Integration, Hon. Bola Ilori by sponsored political thugs at Restructuring programme in Akure, the Ondo State capital on Thursday.

Ilori was part of the delegation that  presented the position of Osun at the All Progressives Congress (APC) public forum on true Federalism and Restructuring in its mission to get the views of the people of Ekiti, Ondo and Osun.

Gov Aregbesola in a press release signed by his media adviser, Mr. Sola Fasure described the attack as barbaric, reprehensible and an assault on the Sovereignty of the state.

While calling on law enforcement agencies to ensure that the perpetrators of the attack are brought to book, Aregbesola said whoever is behind this undemocratic action must be fished out and prosecuted.

The Governor also wondered whether the comment of Ondo State Commissioner for Information and Orientation, Mr. Yemi‎ Olowolabi, that the Osun Delegate was the aggressor who had come to the venue of the event to cause trouble, was diplomatic enough.

He noted that such remarks is capable of causing disaffection between the two sister states, who have lived without any rancour towards each other for years since the creation of both states.

According to the Statement , Ilori represented the state and as such ought to be accorded all the respect and courtesy  due to the State of Osun by both government of Ondo and the security agencies.

He said, “The statement credited to Hon. Yemi Olowolabi that ‘what happened is sad but it is avoidable. It is apparent the Osun delegates came prepared with thugs, charms, ammunitions cudgels to an event which was supposed to be an all APC event’ was highly undiplomatic and not expected from a commissioner of that status.

“This state of affairs was far from the truth as Olowolabi made people to believe. The Osun delegate simply went armed with their intellect to marshal the position of the state.

“Why would a delegate ‎go with dangerous objects to a conference on restructuring when Ondo and Osun are not at war or in confrontation over any issue.

“Ilori represented the government and people of Osun. Therefore, he deserved to be accorded the courtesy and respect due to the state. He deserved to be protected by the government of the Ondo as well as security agencies at the. Venue of the conference.

“All these safety measures were not put in place. Rather Hon. Ilori was exposed‎ to attack by some top government official, who reportedly had axe to grind with Ilori over election matters in the state.

“The attack on Ilori is barbaric and reprehensible, to say the least. It is no doubt an attack on the entire people and government of Osun, whom Ilori represented at the meeting. We condemn in strong terms this affront on the people and Government of Osun, which the attack on our delegate signposted.”

Ondo: Attack on Bola Ilori Barbaric, Irresponsible – Oranmiyan

The Oranmiyan Group, a socio-political organization in the State of Osun, has described as barbaric and condemnable the unprovoked attack and attempt on the life of Mr. Bola Ilori, the Osun State Commissioner for Regional Integration by the agents of Ondo State Government during the All Progressive Congress (APC) South West Consultative Restructure meeting, held in Akure, Ondo, State Capital on Thursday. 

The Oranmiyan in a press statement signed by its Youth Leader, Mr. Olajide Sadiq on Friday, said the indifferent posture of the Ondo state officials at the event was highest level of irresponsibility that any government officials could have drifted into and that such impunity is capable of derailing the democratic development in Nigeria.

Olajide who spoke in strong term said it is cruel for anyone under any guise to attack another, adding that the attitude of the security personnel attached to Ondo state Deputy Governor, Hon. Agboola Ajayi was far from posture expected of the security agents.

Calling on the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Ibrahim Idris to investigate the attack and bring to book those responsible for the gruesome attack, The Oranmiyan warned that attack on its leader must not be swept under the carpet.

We considered it as rude, criminal and flagrant disrespect to rule of law and complete infringement on the right of Mr Bola Ilori, the deliberate and planned attack on the state of Osun commissioner by the suspected contracted thugs of the Ondo State government who nearly murdered Bola Ilori during a forum designed to be platform to chart a better course for our party, APC and Nigeria at large facing apparent secession and devolution agitations from all parts of the country.

“Without any hestiation, Ilori attack at the International Cultural and Event Center was premeditated and state organised as the commissioner who never had any encounter with anyone was openly attack, manhandled and almost stripped naked despite heavy presence of security details of the Ondo State Deputy Governor, Hon Agboola Ajayi and Secretary to the State Government Hon. Ifedayo Abegunde.

“In the process of the attack, several members of Oranmiyan Group and other stakeholder’s from the State of Osun were severely molested and beaten. Despite several entreaties, the Deputy Governor and SSG watched with pleasure while their security details also ignored the brutal attack until the hoodlums took over the venue and began to attack known faces from Osun.

“Oranmiyan group considered the attacked supervised by top government officials as highest level of irresponsibility with public office, and impunity that capable of derailing the democratic development in Nigeria.

“We however call on the Inspector General of Police to specially investigate the police personnel deployed for the conference particularly the security details of the Ondo State Deputy Governor and the SSG who openly supervised and aided the attacks and attempt on the life of Bola Ilori. It is also important to arrest the perpetrators who openly displayed firearms and injured participants at the conferences.

“The dexterity and braveness of the thugs pose a serious danger to the peace of Ondo, and if not timely checked; only God knows who will live to tell another story.

#OndoDecides: Oke Not Our Candidate, AD Insists

National Legal Adviser, Alliance for Democracy (AD), Mr Kehinde Aworele, said the party’s National Executive Committee (NEC) did not recognise Chief Olusola Oke as its governorship candidate in Ondo state. Aworele said this on Friday when addressing newsmen in Akure.

Oke, who claims to be AD’s gubernatorial flag bearer for the election coming up on Nov. 26, had in 2012, contested governorship election in the state on the platform of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and lost.

He defected to All Progressives Congress (APC), where he vied for governorship ticket for the November poll but was unsuccessful. He immediately switched to AD and claimed to have picked its gubernatorial mandate for the election.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) recalls that the AD National Organising Secretary, Mr Ibrahim Abdollah, had in a communiqué on Oct. 14 in Akure, after the party’s NEC meeting said the party was unaware of Oke’s candidature.

Aworele told newsmen that there were certain decisions taken solely by the National Chairman of the party, Chief Joseph Avazi, which ought to have been done by the NEC. He maintained that the outcome of Oct.

14 NEC meeting remained binding, saying, “we have said that Olusola Oke is not known to the party because he does not follow proper procedure of the party, so he is not even a member of AD. “On the issue of his eligibility, I will not comment on that because it is pending before the Federal High Court, Akure.

“But, I can tell you that he is not a member of our party because he has not complied with the constitutional procedure of our party by which a candidate should emerge.’’

He said the party had a candidate named Mr Akin Olowookere, who purportedly stepped down for Olusola Oke, but had not formally informed the party. Aworele said: “It was some members of the party who went to the media that we had rescinded our earlier decision through the communiqué issued by the party’s NEC.

“There was information that Olusola Oke met some members who later spoke against our decision but this cannot be valid.

“As at today, we have passed a vote of no confidence on the national chairman, national secretary and national auditor of the party and it is the NEC of the party that can make a change of that decision.

“I don’t have anything against Oke as a person; he is a nice gentleman and a member of my profession but he should not come through the backdoor.’’ He said the party needed more members but that whoever wanted to join should take the proper channel in order not to jeopardise the party pedigree and integrity.

Reacting, Oke’s Campaign Manager, Mr Bola Ilori, said that AD’s legal adviser’s position was a “distraction and entertainment’’.

#OndoDecides: PDP, APC Jittery Of Our Candidate – AD

The Alliance for Democracy (AD) in Ondo State has accused opposition parties of unleashing thugs against its members.

Addressing reporters in Akure, the state capital, the Director-General, Olusola Oke Campaign Organisation (OOCO), Bola Ilori said AD members were recently attacked in Idanre, Ose, Ikare, Ondo and some other places by thugs of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

Ilori, a former Special Adviser to Governor Rauf Aregbesola said “arising from the intimidating profile of AD candidate, Olusola Oke and the growing membership of the party, we have discovered that the citizenry are yet confronted with a dying ruling party in the state willing to descend to the lowest in order to win the coming election.

“We have uncovered the wicked synergy between highly placed persons in APC and PDP within and outside the state to raise spurious allegations against the flagship of the AD, Oke, these allegations, according to their plans would bother on alleged and imaginary cases of financial impropriety.

“The weapons of state are to be deployed in making sure that the image of our candidate is brought to disrepute through the procurement of the service of a notable media house to do this hatchet job for them which is nothing but an attempt at keeping opposition at bay”.

On the report that some members in Prof. Ajayi Boroffice’s camp have decided to work for the APC candidate, Rotimi Akeredolu, Ilori said AD was unperturbed.

He added that an AD administration would revive Olokola Project, focus on wealth creation, rural integration, sustainable education system, enhanced workers welfare and improved health services among others.

The APC candidate last weekend appealed to party members to support him to win the forthcoming election.

Ondo At 40: Bola Ilori Challenges Mimiko On Bailout Funds

An APC chieftain and former Special Adviser to the Governor of Osun on Environment and sanitation matters, Bola Ilori has joined other well meaning-Ondo State indigenes to congratulate Sunshine State as she marks her 40th year of existence.

In a statement released through his media office, Ilori said Ondo people can celebrate for living as one peaceful entity since the state was created by General Muritala Muhammed in February 3, 1976.

“It is however regrettable that despite its huge mineral and human resources, Ondo State is now competing with less endowed landlocked states like Ekiti and Osun for the title of highest salary debtor in the South West?

‘As of today, the oil producing and derivation collecting Ondo state owes more outstanding salaries, pension and deductions than any other state in the South West” Ilori said.

While calling for more openness in governance, Ilori lamented that “Insincerity has eaten so deep into the governance ethos of the current band in Ondo state house that shame could not allow them reveal the real debt profile of the state. When other states declared their true debt and got bailout which was subsequently paid to their workers, Ondo state government chose to lie about the real debt profile and its now reaping the profane fruit of deceit as the bailout fund was consequentially sank by Access Bank because of huge undisclosed outstanding debt.”

”I challenge the government to publish how it shared the twenty billion naira bailout fund he got from the APC led Federal Government in October 2015.”

“Nobody has received any salary or pension bank alert in Ondo State since October 2015 till date.” Ilori submitted.

However, Ilori who admonishes the residents to embrace the wind of charge blowing across the country, believes there are better days ahead for the State. He urged people of Ondo State to remember the saying that ‘a fool at forty, is a fool forever’. The people must take charge and rescue the State from the present rudderless PDP led government.

“No more foolery in Ondo, change cometh!”. Ilori concluded.