A 60-year-old man died in a house fire after he slept off while cooking at his residence in Opebi, Ikeja, Lagos state.
According to reports, the man who was simply identified as Monday, was cooking at Foundation Close in Opebi when he dozed off. A fire started soon after and it destroyed his properties and razed down his apartment when it wasn’t put out in time.
After the fire was put out, the victim’s body was discovered and taken away by officials of the State Environmental Health Monitoring Unit.
“When emergency workers arrived at the scene, they discovered that a residential apartment was involved. Investigation showed that the resident of the apartment slept off while cooking” a source said.