Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers has assigned portfolios to newly appointed commissioners in the state.
According to a statement posted on social media handle of the newly appointed Rivers state Commissioner for Information, Emma Okah, revealed that the new commissioners were inaugurated by the governor on Wednesday.
The new commissioners and their portfolios are as follows:
- Barr Emma Okah – Information
- Prof Roseline Konya – Environment
- Chief Ibibia Walter – Transport
- Barr Isaac Kamalu – Budget
- Mrs Tonye Oniyide – Culture
- Prof Kaniye Ebeku – Water Resources
- Rt Hon Dum Dekor – Works
- Barr Mrs Ukel Oyaghiri – Women Affairs
- Dr Fred Kpakol – Finance
- Hon Tamunosisi Gogo Jaja – Education
- Prof Chike Princewill – Health
- Hon Damiete Herbert Miller – Social Welfare
- Hon Ruderford LongJohn – Local Government
- Hon Shedrack Chukwu – Power
- Hon Boma Iyaye – Sports
- Hon Emeka Onowu – Special Services
- Chief Chinedu Tasie – Housing
- Barr Sylvanus Nwankwo – Chieftaincy
- Mr Charles Nwogu – Agriculture
Emmanuel Aguma, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, had earlier been sworn in as Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, bringing the number of commissioners in the state to 20.
Performing the swearing-in, governor Wike had charged the commissioners to exhibit 100 percent loyalty.
He said, “We demand 100 percent loyalty. This work deserves total commitment. When you have the opportunity to serve the state, it is a rare privilege. Therefore, you have to be committed to service.
“We are rebuilding the state because a lot went wrong during the immediate past administration of the APC. You need to put in your best.”