- …If You Want To Get Out Of The Poverty Web
THE best way to success in any venture is to start small. So say all motivational speakers and business coaches I’ve known and read about through ages without exception. This treatise applies to all starters in any endeavour. It could be very disheartening seeing friends, erstwhile colleagues, “mentors” and even former teachers, staying small even decades after
You then begin to ponder for explanations and hardly will those being referred to here give you satisfactory explanations as to what makes them remain the same… using the same shop, earning the same or even lesser income than you’ve known them earn years back and being on same standard of living.
Let me begin by stating that one of the beautiful gifts of nature is growth or development. Growth or development is an innate nature of all living entities. It is almost automatic. Check around you. Any matter that ceases to grow, develop, produce or reproduce more than its initial state is bound to extinction, sooner or later. Let’s engage in a simple experiment: Have you experienced staying idle in a moving crowd or halt your car when other vehicles are moving? You’ll experience an illusionary state of going backward. Try it. It will seem as if you’re reversing. That is exactly what our situation is when we refuse to move with the tide of development. I’ve heard some people saying “what’s my business with the internet?” “WHY should I buy a new car when the one I’m using has’nt parked up?”, “ I love village life and I’m not going to bother going to the city for anything” “internet banking is a scam” etc.. These seemingly innocuous statements tend to keep us where we are, not moving forward. And it applies to businesses and personal development.
One of the banes of the black man is his morbid inability to want to move out of his present state. He is too laid back, afraid to experiment with new things and ideas. He loves life but does not want to do what it takes to have it in its abundance. This is why the black man is the highest consumer but sadly the lowest producer in the world today. And it explains why religion without corresponding developmental reasoning abounds here.
How many of us know that the human brain has the ability to expand in capacity and work better and faster like the muscles if put through constant use and “exercise”? When last did you engage in critical thinking over issues or read books on new subjects? When you engage in these “brain-exercise” you get terrific because you begin to think faster and better and find far better solution to issues. The best way to begin to think better over issues, apart from consuming certain brain-enhancing foods is to engage in brain exercises. This will be discussed later.
Oftentimes, one of the best ways to learn something and get better is to study the opposite. According to Professor Mutua Makau, if you study and avoid them, you’re likely to get out of the poverty web.
He calls it HOW TO REMAIN POOR:
- Never wake up early. Keep stretching and turning in bed until you get too hungry to continue dozing. If there are no bed bugs, why hurry to get up?
- Never plan how to spend your money. Whenever you get money, start spending it right away and when it’s finished, you try to count and recall how you spent it.
- Don’t think of saving until you have real big money. How can you save when you earn so little? Those telling you to save are not sympathetic to your burning needs.
- Don’t engage in activities usually reserved for the “uneducated”. How can you, a graduate, engage in petty trade, network marketing or home-based production? That’s for people who never went to school!
- Don’t think of starting a business until an angel comes from heaven and gives you capital. How do they expect you to invest before you get millions? Even though more than half the businesses in your town were started with little capital, you as a smart person can only start with millions.
- Complain about everything except your own attitude and laziness. Blame the system, the government and the banks that refused to lend you money. They are all bad and do not want you to get rich.
- Spend more than you earn. To achieve this, buy consumer products on credit and keep borrowing from friends and employers.
- Compete in dressing. Make sure you’re wearing the latest clothes. Intimidate the congregation with your trendy fashions every day. Whenever your neighbor buys a new phone, you get one that is more expensive.
- Get yourself a nice used car in order to paint the city red, especially with trending ladies.
- Give your children everything they ask for since you’re such a loving parent. They should not struggle for anything because you do not want them to suffer the way you did in your youth.
- Devote your time, energy and resources to watching football especially EPL, UCL and La Liga. Keep up with all matches, fixtures and transfers. Ensure you adequately argue your points among friends for hours after each game. After all, one day Messi and Ronaldo will remember you and send you some percentages of their income.
- Stay on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Instagram all day to post, comment or watch videos. Engage in discussions that add no value to your life just to be seen that you are current and up-to-date. Be hopeful that one day a benevolent spirit will come down to bless you.