Wenger Wanted As Allardyce’s Replacement.

Everton are seeking a move for embattled Arsenal boss, Arsene Wenger, to replace Sam Allardyce.

Demands for the Arsenal boss to quit  was heightened on Sunday following his side’s 2-1 loss to Brighton. It was their fourth straight loss in all competitions.

For Allardyce, he has come under criticism after Everton’s recent 2-1 league defeat to Burnley on Saturday. Last Saturday, theyalso  lost 1-0 away to Watford.

According to Daily Star, Toffees owner and Iranian billionaire Farhad Moshiri believes Wenger “is the ideal candidate to revive the Merseyside club’s fortunes.

Moshiri previously co-owned a 15 percent stake in Arsenal with Alisher Usmanov, and is expected to make his move in the summer.

And when questioned about his future following Arsenal’s recent defeat to Brighton, Wenger replied: “I don’t want to talk about my future. At the moment, my future is not my main worry.

“My worry is to get Arsenal winning football games. Then we’ll see where we go from there. I’ll try and give my best as long as I am here.”

Wenger Adamant On Quitting Job

Arsene Wenger maintains he can “turn things around” at Arsenal and he is  not seeing himself quit his job.

Demand for his sack after he has served for 22 years are mounting in intensity amid a sorry run of form.

A 2-1 loss to Brighton on Sunday was a fourth in succession for the Gunners, and an eighth reversal in their last 13 outings.

Wenger has never faced such opposition during his iconic reign in north London, but he retains full confidence in his ability to steer the club through a testing period.

He told Sky Sports following another disappointing display against Brighton, “It’s the first time it happens in my whole career, I must say.

“It’s not easy, but I have enough experience and enough desire to turn things around and I must say that, at the moment, when you need to stay in the game we are making a few mistakes at the wrong moments.

“We have to stick together and focus. We have no other solution.”

Wenger can expect to face further criticism over the coming weeks and months, with it already suggested that he has outstayed his welcome, but the 68-year-old insists he has given no thought to resigning.

 

 

Mkhitaryan, Aubameyang Vow To Give All For Wenger As Arsenal Host Man City

Arsenal January signings,Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, have claimed that the who team is solidly behind their embattled coach Arsene Wenger.

Wenger has been under great criticism and pressure after Arsenal’s 3-0 defeat to Manchester City in the Carabao Cup final.

Arsenal, presently sixth on the table and with just 45 points and if not careful will miss out the second time on the champions league spot.

Arsenal host Man City tonight (Thursday)  night at The Emirates amid reports of a dressing room revolt against Wenger.

But the Gunners’ new signings have dismissed such claims and have vowed to show they are playing for the long serving manager.

The pair training with the Arsenal team on Wdnesday ahead of the EPL crash with Manchester city on Thursday.

“It is a pleasure to work with him. Of course, it is not very easy for him,” ‎Mkhitaryan, who is set to return against City, told Sky Sports.

“But we have to play for the club, for him, because he is a big role model for this team, a big person at this club, so we have to show we are ready to fight for him.

“It’s not the easiest time for the club, but we are here to help, do our best, and put Arsenal on the level that it was before. I know it’s not going to be easy, but we’re trying, and doing our best.”

Aubameyang added: “He is a great manager, everyone knows it.

“It is not an easy moment but we have to give our best to show him that we play for him and give everything for him.”

Arsene Wenger: Stay Back Is My ‘Last Worry’

Arsenal in 2018 has lost six games out of 12, including Sunday’s Carabao Cup final against Manchester City.

Arsene Wenger has come to say that staying back at Arsenal is his “last worry” after losing six of their 12 games in 2018.

The Gunnersplay at home against league leaders Manchester City in the Premier League on Thursday, four days after a 3-0 defeat by City in the Carabao Cup final at Wembley.

Arsenal are 27 points behind City and 10 adrift of fourth-placed Tottenham in the race for a Champions League place.

Wenger, Arsenal manager since 1996, said he is “amazed I still have to answer these kinds of questions”.

The 68-year-old Frenchman signed a new two-year contract in May 2017 after leading Arsenal to a third FA Cup triumph in four seasons.

“I’ve turned the whole world down to respect my contracts,” he added.

Arsenal Should Let Go Of Wenger, Says Ian Wright

Former Arsenal striker Ian Wright has called on cried out to  Arsene Wenger to step down as reports suggest his replacement task has already begun.

The Frenchman, under contract at the Emirates until 2019, is under a growing pressure following a devastating performance in Sunday’s 3-0 League Cup defeat against Manchester City their sixth loss in 12 games this year.

Arsenal are 10 points below a fourth-placed Tottenham in the Premier League and look likely to miss out on Champions League football for the second time

“There are excuses (from Wenger) and he is mollycoddling a team,” Wright told BBC radio.

“Whether he stays at the end of this season, I could not make a case. I am not sure anyone can. This development of mediocrity has to be arrested.”

Wright also had harsh words for American owner Stan Kroenke.

“The owner has to take a lot of blame for this,” he said. “Kroenke does not care. If he cared, Wenger would not have got a two-year deal.

“Everyone else can start to see that is it getting to a point where Wenger needs to go. The owner has to be here, find out what is happening, how is this working, what are we going to do, how are  we going to get back to where the fans want us to be.

“The fans have been saying it for years but no-one is paying any attention to them. The owner has not done anything and has given Wenger carte blanche to carry on.”

Wright’s comments follow stinging assessments from the club’s record goalscorer Thierry Henry and former Manchester United and England defender Gary Neville, who labelled Arsenal’s performance against City “spineless”.

Britain’s Daily Telegraph newspaper reported that Wenger’s position would be reviewed at the end of the season but said that Monaco manager Leonardo Jardim and former captain Mikel Arteta were among replacements being considered.

The Sun said Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers, Arteta and Germany head coach Joachim Loew were at the head of a seven-man list.

Henry, 40, who is a member of Belgium’s coaching staff, said after the Wembley defeat on Sunday that it would be a “dream” for him to manage Arsenal one day.

But Wright urged caution over appointing the man who overtook him as the club’s all-time leading goalscorer.

“Arsenal are not in a position where they can go from someone like Arsene Wenger, who we love so much, yet who you mention to some people in the fan base and their faces screw up.

“They are so angry. I would not want that to happen to Thierry, because he has taken the job straight after Wenger.”

Arsenal’s Wenger Promises To Go Offensive Against Man City

Arsenal’s Wenger Promise To Go Offensive Against Man City

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger  on Friday vowed  to take the attack to Premier League leaders Manchester City as he challenges for the league Cup first time ever in his career.

Wenger having won the F.A cup for a club record of seven times have been defeated in the final of the League Cup, by Chelsea in 2007 and Birmingham City in 2011.

Now he faces the herculean task of taking on Pep Guardiola’s free-scoring team at Wembley, who will be desperate to bounce back and win a trophy after being dumped out by Wigan in the FA Cup, ending their bid for an unprecedented quadruple.

Wenger was asked at his pre-match press conference what was the key to beating City.

“To first of all have a strong belief that we can do it, be well-organised and take every opportunity to go forward and play our offensive game,” he said.

 

He acknowledged the threat from players such as Sergio Aguero and Kevin De Bruyne but said it was difficult to focus on shutting down individuals.

“One of the big strengths of Man City is De Bruyne of course, because he has become a very complete player,” Wenger said.

“He is a modern midfielder for me, he can be decisive in the final third, he works very hard, he is right-footed, left-footed and he is a fighter as well so overall I am not surprised he has done well.

“They have so many players that you have to stop that it is better to focus on the team plan rather than on any individual.”

Wenger said he was more motivated than nervous after a long career studded with success.

“I have the advantage that I’ve played many finals and I know how big a day it is…. Wembley is always special because the stadium is divided in two,” he said.

“It’s a special day. No matter how many finals you’ve played in your life, it’s always a special day.

“For us it’s an opportunity. We’ll play with all our regular players. We want to win it, we want our fans to go home happy.”

Forward Alex Lacazette is unavailable because of injury and Henrikh Mkhitaryan is ineligible because he played in the competition for Manchester United earlier this season.

Wenger is likely to make a number of changes for the match after resting key men against Ostersunds in Thursday’s Europa League match. Arsenal lost the game 2-1 but reached the last 16 4-2 on aggregate.

Wenger said David Ospina would play in goal, continuing his role as the go-to keeper for cup matches.

He said Mesut Ozil was likely to play and he would make a decision on Aaron Ramsey on Saturday.

Wenger Admits Kane Is Europe’s Best Despite Derby Tension

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger put North London rivalries aside as he accepted Tottenham Hotspur’s Harry Kane is the most in-form striker in Europe on Thursday.

Kane, 24, became the second-fastest player to ever reach 100 Premier League goals by netting his 31st of the season in just 32 games to salvage a point for Spurs from a thrilling 2-2 draw at Liverpool last weekend.

“If you look at the numbers, no, because he has high numbers,” Wenger said when asked if there was a better striker in Europe at the moment than Kane.

The England international spoke this week of how being released from Arsenal’s academy as an eight-year-old left him with a “chip on his shoulder”.

Kane has more than taken revenge with a fine record against Arsenal, scoring six goals in seven North London derbies.

Wenger broke Arsenal’s transfer record last week to add more firepower to the Gunners quest to beat Tottenham to a top-four finish by splashing out £56 million ($78 million) on Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.

And the Frenchman is hoping his new front line of Aubameyang, Mesut Ozil and Henrikh Mkhitaryan — who shone in a 5-1 thrashing of Everton in their first outing together — can outgun Kane when the sides meet on Saturday.

“I believe what you want in a game like that is to keep him quiet and for our strikers to express their talent.”

More than local bragging rights are on offer with Arsenal trailing fifth-placed Spurs by four points in the race for a return to the Champions League place with just 12 Premier League games of the season remaining.

“It’s a big game because we are behind on the table and we have to catch up,” added Wenger.

“It is more important for us to come back mathematically than it is emotionally-charged.”

Following their controversial draw at Anfield that saw Spurs win two late penalties and Dele Alli booked for diving, Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino defended his players by criticising the fixation with diving in English football.

Yet Wenger, who also spoke out against Manchester City’s England international Raheem Sterling earlier this season, believes it is English players who have become the “masters” of diving.

“I remember there were tremendous cases here when foreign players did it but I must say the English players have learned very quickly and they might even be the masters now.”

AFP

Arsene Wenger: English Players May Be Diving Masters

Arsene Wenger: English Players May Be Diving Masters

English players may be the “masters” of diving, says Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger.

Wenger said: “I remember there were tremendous cases here when foreign players did it, but the English players have learned very quickly and they might even be the masters now.”

The Frenchman following after Arsenal’s 3-1 defeat to Manchester City in November said that Raheem Sterling “dives well”

Wenger, whose side face Spurs in the Premier League at Wembley on Saturday, said: “I don’t tell my players to dive at all. We have to get diving out of the game.

“Sometimes players play a little bit with the rules. How far can you go? That is down to the referees.”

On Tuesday Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino said diving was a “minimal issue” in football, and that “tricking” an opponent was now part of the game.

This season the Football Association introduced new regulations to retrospectively ban players who dive.

A panel is tasked with looking for cases of simulation by reviewing footage every Monday, and any player found guilty is suspended.

In October Carlisle United forward Shaun Miller became the first player to be banned, for two games.

Everton striker Oumar Niasse was the first Premier League player to be suspended also for two matches – in November.

Niasse, 27, was charged following an incident during a 2-2 league draw at Crystal Palace.

A penalty was given after he was adjudged to have been fouled Scott Dann. Leighton Baines converted the spot-kick and Niasse later scored to earn Everton a point.

In 2012 former England striker Michael Owen blamed “the influence of players coming from South America, Spain and Italy” for the growth of diving in English football.

Iwobi Faces Disciplinary Action For Partying

Arsene Wenger says Alex Iwobi will be fined if it is confirmed he was at a party 36 hours before Sunday’s FA Cup loss at Nottingham Forest.

A video appearing to show the 21-year-old at the party in the early hours of Saturday morning was released on social media.

Iwobi played the full match as holders Arsenal lost the third-round tie

Arsenal manager Wenger said is it “impossible” and “unacceptable” to go out within 48 hours of a game.

The footage, which was uploaded to Snapchat, appears to show the Nigerian dancing at a party at a house in central London at 02:37 GMT, and was published in The Sun newspaper.

But Wenger said Iwobi was not involved in either taking drugs or drinking alcohol.

“First of all we have to be cautious with everything that is coming out,” Wenger added.

“When you read what is reported it is like he has taken drugs. He was not involved in that at all.

“He has been out at a birthday party and how long he has stayed? That is important. After, I will decide what happens.”

Wenger added: “You know that sometimes you want to prepare 100% but it is not always a guarantee you will be at your best. But that is what is requested from a top-level professional.”

Wenger Banned For Three-Matches, Fined £40,000

Arsene Wenger has been handed a three-match touchline ban and fined by the Football Association over comments he made about the refereeing of Sunday’s Premier League game against West Brom.

In a separate case, the Arsenal boss has also been asked by English football’s governing body to provide his observations on what he said about penalty decisions that went against the Gunners in both of their last two matches over the festive period, against the Baggies and Chelsea.

“Arsene Wenger will serve a touchline ban for Arsenal’s next three matches after he was charged with misconduct,” an FA statement said.

“It follows an independent regulatory commission hearing today at which the Arsenal manager admitted that his language and behaviour in the match officials’ changing room after the West Brom game on Sunday was abusive, improper and questioned the integrity of the match referee. He was also fined £40,000 ($54,000).”

Earlier, Wenger said he was unrepentant over his comments about penalty decisions against the Gunners.

“I maintain what I said in the press conference — 100 percent,” Wenger told reporters on Friday ahead of his side’s FA Cup third-round match at Nottingham Forest on Sunday.

“I try to serve this game with honesty and integrity and when I have something to say I will say it.”

AFP

Sanchez Future Anyone’s Guess, Says Wenger

Arsene Wenger admits he is no nearer to establishing where Arsenal’s Chilean star Alexis Sanchez’s future lies.

Wenger praised the 29-year-old’s two-goal display that helped secure a 3-2 victory at Crystal Palace on an evening where the French manager equalled Manchester United legend Alex Ferguson’s Premier League record of 810 matches in charge.

Sanchez’s commitment has been questioned this season following his failure to reach agreement with the north London club about an extension to his current contract that expires at the end of this season.

Wenger believes the player’s performance at Selhurst Park showed there has been no let up in the player’s effort, but with the January transfer window about to open, has no idea about the player’s next move.

Sanchez scored his first goal in the 62nd minute but not all his team-mates celebrated the strike with him.

“First of all nobody knows what will happen really,” said Wenger.

“It’s difficult to speculate. At the moment we are focused on short-term, that means the next game (against West Bromwich Albion on Sunday) with the players committed and ready to fight.

“It’s not a guarantee of how long you stay somewhere. As long as you are somewhere, you give your best.

“I felt he was very good tonight from the first minute on, focused on the game. This kind of Sanchez is a great football player, as we know. That’s the kind of performance we want from him.”

AFP