Why We Extended Rohr’s Contract – Pinnick

President of the Nigeria Football Federation, Mr. Amaju Pinnick, has explained that the NFF offered Gernot Rohr a fresh two years contract to ensure there are no distraction around Nigeria’s 2018 FIFA World Cup preparation and participation.

Rohr, the Super Eagles Franco-German tactician, signed by the NFF in August 2016 has met the first milestone of his contract, which is qualifying the Super Eagles for a sixth FIFA World Cup finals.

He said, “We have decided to confront head-on any possible area of conflict or controversy, and fully resolve each and every possible friction point well ahead of the competition.

“After signing the agreement on payment to the team from expected FIFA income, the next stage was to take care of the Technical Adviser. He has done very well and does not need to go into the World Cup uncertain of his future,” stated Pinnick.

The 64 –year old Rohr, a former Germany defender, flaunts a sterling record with the Super Eagles, winning seven of 12 matches and drawing four in his 15 months in charge so far. His only loss was the 0-2 reverse to South Africa’s Bafana Bafana in a 2019 AFCON qualifier in Uyo in June 2017.

Under him, the Eagles have beaten Tanzania, Zambia (twice), Algeria, Togo, Cameroon and two –time world champions Argentina, and drawn with Senegal, Corsica, Cameroon and Algeria.

Following the 1-0 defeat of Zambia in Uyo on 7th October that guaranteed Nigeria’s place at the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia, Rohr, whose qualifying squad has been declared the youngest of all 32 finalists, told thenff.com: “I love working with this group. I am delighted being at the head of such a wonderful, level-headed and ambitious squad.”

Nigeria Backs Ahmad Against Hayatou in Contest for CAF Presidency

Nigeria’s Football Federation is backing a challenge to the long-serving President of the Confederation of African Football, Issa Hayatou.

Mr Hayatou is standing for an eighth successive term of office, but faces opposition from Ahmad Ahmad, the head of Madagascar’s FA.

Amaju Pinnick, president of the NFF, told the BBC the election will be “a defining moment for African football”.

He said Ahmad was “courageous” in coming forward to challenge Mr Hayatou.

Pinnick said CAF needs a “new generation” of leadership, following the change at the top of the world governing body Fifa.

He cited “post election differences between Gianni [Infantino, the new Fifa president] and Issa Hayatou which are irreconcilable”.

Infantino will be in Johannesburg later on Tuesday for a gathering of football federation leaders from across the continent.

He is then due to visit Zimbabwe at the invitation of the head of the southern African confederation, Cosafa – which also backs Ahmad.

Pinnick acknowledged that Hayatou could still win – but said if he did, the veteran Cameroonian would need to be open to different influences.

“You have to listen to a larger audience instead of just a tiny cabal, you have to know it goes beyond you,” Pinnick said.

“I will definitely work with him if he wins but my prayer is we need a bridge builder and that person is Ahmad.”

BBC Africa

Le Guen Rejects Super Eagles Job

Paul Le Guen has reportedly rejected his appointment as coach of the Super Eagles.

According to French sports newspaper, L’Equipe, the former Lyon and Paris Saint-Germain boss claims the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), did not meet his contractual terms.

Le Guen was named by the NFF as Sunday Oliseh’s replacement on Monday, subject to agreement on terms and conditions.

But it is understood that the Frenchman disagreed with some of the conditions he was given and is unwilling to shift grounds.

Among some of the terms, was Le Guen arriving with a support staff, including an assistant and a goalkeeper trainer. It was also gathered that the Frenchman was unwilling to move to the country, which was one of the terms set by the country’s football governing body.

FIFA President, Infantino, To Visit Nigeria Soon

New FIFA President Gianni Infantino has told the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) president, Amaju Pinnick, about his intention to visit the country very soon.

Infantino held talks with Pinnick at the ongoing FIFA congress in Mexico on Friday.

The Chairman of the League Management Company (LMC), Mallam Shehu Dikko, disclosed this during a television programme on Friday.

Dikko said the FIFA supremo is happy with the development of soccer in Nigeria and most especially the partnership with La Liga.

“I want to let Nigerians know that the NFF president had a chat with Infantino during the ongoing FIFA Congress in Mexico and he praised the development of football in Nigeria and also commended the federation for attracting the La Liga to partner with our league,” the LMC chairman was quoted as saying during the TV programme.

“The FIFA president immediately told the NFF boss that he would like to come to Nigeria so that he can also see areas in which he could be of assistance to Nigerian football. He said he would come very soon.”

NFF Bans Chris Giwa, Four Others For Five Years Each

The disciplinary committee of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), has handed out five-year bans to Christopher Giwa, Muazu Suleyman, Yahaya Adama, Sani Fema and Johnson Effiong.

The football house took the decision at a meeting in Abuja on Thursday.

All of them are to stay away from any football-related activity, as punishment for various breaches.

Giwa has been embroiled in a leadership tussle with the current president, Amaju Pinnick and dragged the federation to a civil court.

The NFF also upheld the League Management Company (LMC)’s decision, to fine Giwa FC N2.75m and award three points to Enugu Rangers, following Giwa’s refusal to conclude a disputed league fixture.

The NFF disciplinary committee statement below:

In the matter between LMC Vs. Giwa FC on Match Day 12; Match No: 115, the Committee Rules as Follows:

That the decision of the LMC as contained in the Summary Jurisdiction Notice dated Thursday 28th April, 2016 is hereby upheld by the Nigeria Football Federation Disciplinary Committee.
That Giwa FC shall pay a fine of N2,000,000 (Two Million Naira Only) to the LMC
III. That Giwa FC shall pay the Sum of N650,000 to offset the expenses of the match officials to the LMC

That Giwa FC shall pay the Sum of N1, 000,000 (One Million Naira) Only to offset the expenses incurred by Rangers International FC
That an order that the match, which lasted for 74 minutes, shall count as a completed fixture i.e the goals so far recorded (0-1) shall be the final score for the match. This is pursuant to Rule B13.55 which states that ‘ the LMC may order a league match which for whatever reason lasts for less than 90 minutes to count as a completed fixture or to be replayed’
In the matter between LMC Vs. Giwa FC on Match Day 14; Match No: 136, the Committee Rules as Follows:

That the decision of the LMC as contained in the Summary Jurisdiction Notice dated Tuesday 3rd May, 2016 is hereby upheld by the Nigeria Football Federation Disciplinary Committee.
That in line with Rule B 13:25 of the Frame Work and Rules of the NPFL the Committee Rules that Giwa FC shall forfeit to Wikki Tourists FC the three points as well as three goals arising from the match
III. Giwa FC shall pay a fine of N250,000 (Two Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira Only) being the sum of expenses including stadium hire, security and logistics incurred in respect of the match to the LMC.

In the matter between:

Nigeria Football Federation

and

CHRISTOPHER GIWA

MUAZU SULEYMAN

YAHAYA ADAMA

SANI FEMA

JOHNSON EFFIONG

After reviewing the charges, available facts and evidence, the NFF Disciplinary Committee hereby finds as follows:

That Christopher Giwa, Muazu Suleyman, Yahaya Adama, Sani Fema and Johnson Effiong are found guilty of Illegally representing the NFF in breach of Art. 40 of the NFF Statutes, when they without due authorization and mandate purported to contract a Law Firm, Messrs Leslie Cohen & Associates of Illovo Law Chambers, 4 Fricker Road, Ground Floor, South Africa in the name of Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) and refused to pay for services whereby the said Messrs Leslie Cohen & Associates commenced proceedings against the NFF for the sum of $100000 being legal fees for professional services rendered in the High Court of South Africa, Gauteng Local Division, Johannesburg.

That Christopher Giwa, Muazu Suleyman, Yahaya Adama, Sani Fema and Johnson Effiong are found guilty of breaching Art. 69(1) of the NFF Statutes by taking football matters to the ordinary court and failing to submit to the jurisdiction of FIFA and the NFF.

III. That there is insufficient particulars and evidence submitted to establish the charge of threats, unguarded, uncouth and uncivilized statements in the media against the NFF, brought against Christopher Giwa, Muazu Suleyman, Yahaya Adama, Sani Fema and Johnson Effiong.

That Christopher Giwa is guilty of breach of the general rules of conduct as contained in Art. 13 of the FIFA Code of Ethics when he invaded the premises of the Nigeria Football Federation and falsely presented himself as President of the NFF on 6th May, 2016.

That Christopher Giwa, Muazu Suleyman, Yahaya Adama, Sani Fema and Johnson Effiong are found guilty of failing to comply fully with the Statutes, regulations, directives and decisions of FIFA and NFF in contravention of Art. 13 1(a) of NFF Statutes 2010 in relation to the NFF Election held in Warri Delta State on 30thSeptember, 2014.

That Christopher Giwa, Muazu Suleyman, Yahaya Adama, Sani Fema and Johnson Effiong are in breach of fiduciary and loyalty as contained in Art. 15 of FIFA Code of Ethics 2012 by carrying out various deliberate acts and conducts capable of attracting a ban from FIFA on the NFF capable of putting the administration and development of football in Nigeria into jeopardy.

Based on the findings above and in Line with the provision of Art. 65 (3) of the NFF Statutes 2010, the NFF Disciplinary Committee hereby pronounces the following sanctions on the following persons:

Christopher Giwa, Muazu Suleyman, Yahaya Adama, Sani Fema and Johnson Effiong are hereby banned from taking part in any football related activity for a period of Five (5) years each.

FIFA Threatens To Ban Nigeria Over Court’s Sack Of NFF Board

The Federation of International Football Associations (FIFA), has warned the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), that it will be suspended if Amaju Pinnick is removed as president.

In a letter addressed to Pinnick dated April 11, 2016, FIFA warned that if last week’s decision of the Federal High Court in Jos is allowed to stand, it will be considered a5 an interference in the internal affairs of the NFF.

“The decision of the Federal High Court in Jos, if implemented, would likely be considered as an interference in the internal affairs of the NFF and the case would be brought to the highest authorities of FIFA for consideration of sanctions, including the suspension of the NFF,” the letter read in part.

“We would Iike to remind you that according to articles 13 and 17 of the FIFA Statutes, all members associations have to manage their affairs independently and with no influence from third parties In addition and according to article 68 of the FIFA Statutes, recourse to ordinary courts of Iaw is prohibited unless specifically provided for in the FIFA regulations.

“Furthermore, it is the duty of each member association to ensure that these provisions are implemented by its members and possibly take sanctions against those which fail to respect these obligations.”

It further announced it will begin hearing into the case brought against the NFF on May 30.

We Will Resume On Monday – Chris Giwa

The Chris-Giwa faction of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), has vowed to resume work officially on Monday, following Fridays High Court ruling in Jos.

“We are taking over immediately and will announce a new head of media soon,” he told local media.

This development comes, as the Amaju Pinnick led faction, have appealed the ruling.

“It is disappointing we are still taking football matters to civil courts. We will definitely appeal this case,” the embattled Pinnick said.

However, Giwa has insisted that from henceforth, all NFF matters will come through him.

This is likely to get Nigeria into hot water with the world football governing body, FIFA, who ratified Pinnick’s election in September 2014.

Former president, Goodluck Jonathan, had ordered Giwa to withdraw his case from court, which prevented a FIFA ban. But he re-filed his lawsuit, after a meeting called by Sports Minister, Solomon Dalung to reconcile the two factions ended in a deadlock in January this year.

Court Sacks NFF President Amaju Pinnick

President of the Nigeria Football Federation, Amaju Pinnick has been sacked by a High court in Jos with Chris Giwa now placed as boss of the federation.

Giwa has always claimed that the September, 2014 election which put Pinnick in office was faulty but his case has been ruled out by FIFA and the Court of Arbitration for Sports.

A high court in Jos has ordered the removal of Amaju Pinnick has NFF boss.

A high court sitting in Jos, Plateau State Nigeria on Friday, April 8 have nullified the elections that brought Pinnick as president and other board members of the NFF.

The court has now ruled in favour of Giwa faction and instructed the Federal Government of Nigeria to recognise him as the president of the NFF.

Chris Giwa according to the court ruling will be the NFF boss at least until the next hearing

Another hearing has been fixed for Saturday, April 30 but Pinnick has been asked by the court to vacate the office of the NFF president pending the final hearing.

Pinnick and Giwa on Wednesday, January 20 almost came to blows at the National Stadium Package B where a peace meeting was called by Youth and Sports Minister Solomon Dalung .

The meeting was called to settle the leadership crises going on in the Glass House.

The meeting however ended in deadlock and the Minister told reporters that the meeting will be reconvened.

Court Sacks Amaju Pinnick-led NFF Board, Installs Chris Giwa As Chairman

A Jos court has sacked the executive committee of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) led by Amaju Pinnick and ordered Chris Giwa to take over the leadership of Nigerian football as he was duly elected.

Justice Musa Haruna Kurya of the federal high court Friday morning granted the prayers of Yahaya Adama and Obinna Ogba to not only relist the suit in the tussle of the leadership of the NFF, but also upheld all the previous orders of the court effectively making Giwa the head of the federation until the final determination of the suit.

Former NFF executives Effiong Johnson and Rumson Baribote, who are part of the Giwa cabinet, told reporters they were at the NFF office in Abuja to resume work.

“The court has ruled in our favour asking us to resume office,” said former Akwa State FA chairman Johnson.

“We have officially resumed office in line with the court directive this morning.

“This was an existing judgement. We didn’t carry it out earlier because the former Nigerian President pleaded with us.

“We urge everyone to stay calm. And that was the message we also passed to the staffers in our first meeting with them this morning.”

Johnson confirmed that the board will have an extensive meeting later today.

“We would be having an extensive board meeting this evening. But just for you information, Robinson Okosun, has been appointed as our acting media officer,” he disclosed.

“We appeal to Nigerians to remain calm, as we would soon come out with decisions that would move Nigeria Football forward.”

“The court said Amaju’s NFF should vacate office immediately after the judge relisted our case for hearing,” added Baribote, who was at a time chairman of the Nigeria Premier League.

“We will follow the court order and see how we could now move Nigeria football.”

Two years ago, Giwa claimed he had been elected president of the NFF, but world football governing body FIFA did not endorse the vote.

In September 2014, then Delta FA chairman Pinnick was elected NFF boss to replace Aminu Maigari in a vote that was also severally flawed.

It is now expected that FIFA will step into this latest row particularly as they frown at football matters being addressed in a civil court.

Lawyers of the sacked NFF executives said they will also appeal the ruling.

“Certainly, we shall go to the Court of Appeal as we are not satisfied with the decisions of the court in this matter,” said Damon Dashe.

They have 21 days to do so.

NFF Executives Pass Vote Of Confidence On Pinnick

The Executive Committee of Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has thwarted the expectations of those calling for the resignation of Amaju Pinnick as the NFF president by throwing their weight behind the glass house boss.

Rising from their meeting held at the Conference Room of the Minister of Youth and Sports, National Stadium Complex, Abuja yesterday, the Board unanimously expressed loyalty to, and absolute confidence in, the leadership of Pinnick, and reiterated that the Board remained one indivisible unit.

The executive Committee also gave kudos to the League Man­agement Company (LMC) for the excellent work it has been doing to improve the Nigeria Profession­al Football League in totality and project Nigeria football positively.
Advertisement

The Board agreed that all the six geo-political zones of the Federation should conclude their U-13 and U-15 competitions before the end of April 2016, so that the National Finals of the ZENITH Bank Future Eagles Championship can hold in Lagos in May 2016.

The Committee received reports from the ad-hoc committees put in place to compose governance structures for the Nigeria National League, Nigeria Women Football League and Nationwide League One, and directed that all efforts be made by the different Leagues to start their seasons as soon as possible.

NFF To Opt For Foreign Coach

Nigeria will name a foreign coach to qualify the country for the 2018 World Cup in a fortnight, according to the president of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).

On Tuesday night, the Super Eagles crashed out of AFCON 2017 under the temporary charge of Samson Siasia and NFF president Amaju Pinnick has now said he has concluded plans to appoint an expatriate, whose salaries will be footed by a private company.

“We’re going to get a foreign manager for the team,” he is quoted by Vanguard newspaper.

“And we are going to ensure that Nigeria qualify for the World Cup and do exceedingly well, too.

“We’ll make them utilise all FIFA windows to play quality friendly matches.”

He added: “There is nothing to worry about the payment of salary for the foreign manager. His wages are going to be taken care of by the private sector. We’ve concluded that and it will not cost government anything.”

Already several European coaches including former Cameroon coach Paul Le Guen and Claude Le Roy have been mentioned in connection with the top Nigeria coaching post.