Three arrested in Edo State for Kidnap of Lagos pupils
- Reps urge police IG to rescue kids
Three persons have been arrested over last Thursday’s kidnap of six pupils of Lagos State Model College in Igbonia, Epe, The nation learnt yesterday.
FG uncovers massive fraud in N’Delta ministry projects
- N423bn spent in six years, execution rate at 12%
- Some contractors collected money without going to sites
The Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Mr. Usani Uguru, on Wednesday, said the Federal Government has uncovered some shady deals by some of the contractors that handled projects in the Niger Delta region between 2009 and 2015.
Three militants arrested for Lagos students’ kidnap
- Suspect nabbed in Benin
- 14 died in shootout with police – Source
- Kidnappers: No going back on ransom
- Lawmaker abducted, freed
Police in Lagos, working in the synergy with the inspector-General of Police special intelligence Response Team (IRT), have arrested three of the militant behind the abduction of six students from Lagos State Model College, Igbonla, Epe.
Multiple charges cost local airlines 65 percent revenue
- Carriers list 37 levies, taxes
- Charges are statutory, says NCAA
Local airlines in the country have very slim chances of survival under the alleged current regime of multiple taxes.
Herdsmen attacks, another
Boko Haram – SENATE
- Urges security agencies to halt, apprehend and bring culprits to justices
- Observes one-minute silence for those killed by herdsmen
Abuja – the Senate, yesterday, highlighted the need to deal decisively with herdsmen attack across the country, describing the phenomenon as another form of Boko Haram.
Reps secure release of kidnapped lawmakers
- Victims released after negotiation between abductors, legislators\
The leadership of the House of Representatives, Garba Durbunde, who represents Sumaila/Takai Federal Constituency, has been released, barely 24 hours after he was kidnapped by gunmen along Kaduna – jere Road, on Tuesday.
President to appoint Customs CG from top officers
- As Senate amends Customs Act
- Recommends Customs Service Commission
The Senate passed the Customs Service amendment bill which makes it mandatory for the president to appoint the Controller-General of Customs from within the service and that it will be subject to Senate’s confirmation.