Policeman dies, Vehicles damage as IPOB strikes
- Scores held over pro-Biafra agitators’’ action in Port Harcourt
Members of separatist group indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) yesterday killed a policeman during an early morning “Surprise Attack” on riot policeman at oyigbo Junction in Port Harcourt.
Kanu backs out talk with S’East govs, policeman killed
- IPOB to review decision not to take arms
- Police arrest 32 suspects after clashes in Rivers
- We must shun war mongers, exercise caution – APC, PDP
Leaders of the indigenous People of Biafra Nnamdi Kanu on Wednesday backed out of the plan talks between the secessionist group and the South-East Governors Forum.
More knocks over IPOB/soldiers clash
- Falana: No legal basis for authorizing Nigerian Army to take over police duties
- NHRC: Military must respect their rules of engagement in dealing with civilians
- PDP: Dialogue rather than violence only viable option to resolve problems in S/East
APC: We must not