My Friends Issued Statement Countering My Position, I Insist Buhari Must Go In 2019 – Babangida

Former Military President, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, has again affirmed the validity of the first statement he issued on Sunday that President Muhammadu Buhari should not seek reelection in 2019 but allow a younger element to take over the presidency. There had been controversy when after a few hours the statement was issued, another one…”
Yusuf
February 5, 2018 5:41 pm

Former Military President, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, has again affirmed the validity of the first statement he issued on Sunday that President Muhammadu Buhari should not seek reelection in 2019 but allow a younger element to take over the presidency.

There had been controversy when after a few hours the statement was issued, another one went into circulation without the hardline position Babangida took in the initial one.

But THISDAY is reporting that Babangida said it was his friends who issued the second statement on his behalf.

The former maximum ruler’s spokesman, Kassim Afegbua, had given this indication on Sunday when he appeared on a Channels Television programme.

Afegbua said he wrote the statement with and on the instruction of Babangida.

He said he could not have goofed on a job he has been doing for 14 years.

THISDAY quoted Babangida as having told it: “Original statement still stands.”

Related Posts

See All