Fitness has always been said to be one of the most effective ways to live a healthy life, and as we develop we are told by fitness instructors that you don’t just get to live a healthy life, you can also shape your body to look like what you’ve always dreamed of.
In a country still on its way to development like Nigeria, you’d be surprised to know that people still get very shy engaging in morning/evening jogs (well that’s if the road on your street is good) because they feel it is such a weird thing to do, and honestly it is especially if you live in Lagos where sitting in Traffic is enough to get you in shape. Good thing about keeping fit is that you can do it in the comfort of your bedroom and here are 5 effective exercises to add into your routine in the morning before getting ready for work.
- Bodyweight Squat: This exercise is easy and does not require any form of equipment making it the perfect indoor workout. Bodyweight Squat. Squats are generally known to work on your leg muscles, hips and bum. Squats can be painful in the first few days but as the days go by and your number of daily squats increases, your leg muscles become strong enough for the routine. To practice this ensure you stand tall with your hands either at the back of your head or stretched right in front of you, spread your feet slightly wider than your shoulders (sometimes the level at which you spread your legs are determined by your height and how low your body can take you especially in the beginning), keeping your torso as upright as you can for the entire movement, with your lower back slightly arched take yourself slowly down and bring your self back up.
2. Sit-Up: This routine helps with your stomach and back, as a matter of fact I feel it works well for the whole body as it helps you lift yourself with easy. To practice this routine lay flat on the floor with your feet on the floor and your knees raised above the rest of your body, place your hand beneath your head to make lifting yourself easier. Bring yourself up to your knees and go back down gently.
3. Planks: This works extensively with the back and stomach muscles, and it’s one of the exercises that look simple to the eye but difficult to carry out. To perform the plank routine lie flat facing the floor with your legs and arms slightly spread apart. Raise yourself with your legs and hands and be on a straight level, making sure your bum is not higher than the rest of your body. Some trainers will say it is important to make you stomach firm to get faster results. This routine requires to staying in that one position for the number of seconds or minutes you have planned.
4. Jumping Jacks: This is also the perfect in-door exercise as no equipment is required. Jumping jack can most times serve as the first exercise in your daily routine serving as a warm up exercise for the others. With arms and legs spread slightly apart, jumping jack like its name implies require that you jump. As you jump make sure your hands and legs are not doing the same thing, meaning if you jump to close your legs make sure your hands are open and if you jump to open your legs make sure your hands are doing the complete opposite.
5. Push-Up: This help really well in shaping your arms and getting rid of fatty arms. There are various types of push-ups and as a beginner it is best to start with the knee push up where you lie flat on the floor pushing yourself up while your knees remain on the floor. The more difficult pushup requires you push your entire body up with your hands while your toes remain firmly on the ground. It also helps to build a body that is strong, reliable and able to get on for the days’ work.
And as recommended by Medical Practitioners and Fitness Specialists, at least 5 minutes of exercise everyday encourages metabolism, helps the heart and gets the body going.
NOTE: Taking Water Every Morning is also an essential thing that must be inculcated by all. It is expected, healthy and good for the body.