By Moroti Olatujoye
Season 3 of Big Brother Naija is almost over and viewers all over Africa have their hands crossed hoping their favourite emerges the winner. The journey has been great and very entertaining (we all know that entertainment is the only thing this reality show has to offer, no IQ challenge, no mental exercise that will show that we at this part of the world ‘have sense’) and yes everyone enjoyed the entertainment including those who didn’t even watch because all through the duration of the show, BBN was always the hottest and most trending topic on social media.
As the show comes to an end and we have finally been able to separate the shaft from the rice (I mean no offence but I don’t even remember some contestants at all in that house) we are left with the crazy actors that have played a perfect game into making us feel any of them are real and winning our hearts. Honestly no one can ever be real on TV knowing fully well that you need people to like you so you can win N45million, I’d honestly play dumb for a period of three months for a price as close as that, or who wouldn’t? Moving to the main gist let’s critically examine our top five housemates, how far they’ve come and their stupid moments that might hinder them from the prize money.
- Cee C: This queen has somehow managed to make it far and with the way people talk down at her rude personality, and everlasting eye lashes, I wonder how this young lady has remained in the house and emerged amongst the top 5. Cee C started on a very nice part by being close with Tobi and sitting on his “mumu button” but she broke the leg of the table she was standing on when she started making Tobi look like a fool, causing Yoruba Demons on social media to make it clear that she was a terrible person. Cee C’s I don’t give a fuck attitude and consistent lies about things that happened in her life before the house might has brought her this far and also win her the prize money as in Nigeria we prefer to dine with liars as is very evident in our political sector. However, Cee C made the mistake of not been close to anyone particularly in the house meaning that she stands a lesser chance, How? It’s simple, if she was for example close to Rico, Rico’s fans might move loyalty to their favourite’s best friend in the house, but she didn’t which lessens her chances of winning.
- Miracle: Fine boy miracle was a favourite from the very beginning. His cute and simple ways have shown over time that he has the highest votes every time he is nominated for eviction and do I have to say that his dedication to house mate/girlfriend Nina has melted hearts giving him a very good strategy to win. Miracle is a student pilot which makes him even more sexy to his fans. On the downside, miracle might not win for the main reason of over confidence. His fans might think he obviously is the winner so they do not vote living him with eventually nothing to go home with. Another downside is the fact that miracle brought no drama to the house, I don’t mean like he was boring but he was just a well behaved house mate and who doesn’t know that well behaved in this time and age is boring.
- Nina: Baby of the house Nina has indeed grown and learnt bitter lessons in the house. Firstly just because you are younger doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be confident about yourself and make yourself get bullied by the queens Cee C’s of the world. Nina came into the house timid and innocent, fell in love with Miracle, fell out of love with him and back into love stronger than ever (all in how many months abeg?) Nina has showed that she has a good heart, but this might also serve as a turn off for voters, Good heart is not enough to win this game. Nina has a good chance of winning because she has been able to gather a lot of sentiments during her time in the house which might also be the reason why she will not win as many at times the throne is for the bad and the bold.
- Tobi: Tobi stole hearts from the beginning of the reality show especially as he claimed the Head of House seat more times than anyone in the house which also gave him the platform for being the head of house in the final week of the show. Tobi’s body is very hot and yes very black ( I’m kuku black so no one can accuse me of racism), and his love for Cee C at the beginning is the kind that deep down every girl wants. However Tobi has problems with his mouth, which leads to him to having two strikes in the house. Tobi has also showed to us that he is a Yoruba demon as it doesn’t even look like he knows his first love in the house, talk less of knowing she exists. Tobi might win because honestly he has shown that he has a little brain upstairs, is a good dancer and has a fine body but why he might not win is this problem with his mouth. I remember Bobrisky giving us reasons why he was sent from hell after he snitched on Nina to Miracle saying he thought the heart broken girl was only acting ( borbrisky didn’t take it funny at all), I wish him well but I don’t want us to end up with another “Efe” that will later tell us our ‘money aff expire’ o
- Alex: This crazy girl stood out from the very beginning (crazy in a good way), I mean who remembers the time she used to tie wrapper or whatever that thing was that reminds of me of village movies on AFMAG, her hair colors and her ever gingered mood to music ( I mean this girl would dance for hours but will start crying when it’s time to work out, funny being). Another reason why this babe might win is her strong bond of friendship with Tobi, which has revealed her fears outside the house, her plans and so much more. However, Alex might not win because she has contenders who stand the chance just as much as she does and because over time, fans have shown that they love her but she has never emerged with the highest votes.
All said, I hope the best person win as I honestly have no favourite, all I know is we do not want another person telling us he has 100 more unreleased songs that people say if he releases might bring the country to an end.