INEC: Owelle Rochas Anayo Okorocha Is Imo Governor-Elect

THE WILL OWERRI, May 07, (THEWILL) – The candidate of the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA), Owelle Rochas Anayo Okorocha has been declared winner of the Imo State Governorship election by the Independent National Electoral Commission. According to the Returning Officer for the election, Professor Hillary Ode Edeoga, Okorocha defeated incumbent Imo State Governor, Mr….”
Editors Online
May 7, 2011 11:39 am

THE WILL

According to the Returning Officer for the election, Professor Hillary Ode Edeoga, Okorocha defeated incumbent Imo State Governor, Mr. Ikedi Ohakim of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to clinch the governorship seat of the state. He polled 336,859 as against Ohakim’s 290,496, while Ifeanyi Ararume of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) polled 107,068.

With results declared from 26 out of the 27 Local Government Areas of the state, having successfully concluded the supplementary governorship election in three of four LGAs on Friday, May 06, 2011, Owelle Okorocha was declared winner having fulfilled all other constitutional requirements.

The commission cancelled election in Oguta Local Government Area following the discovery of electoral fraud allegedly orchestrated by one of the political parties with the support of INEC officials. Security agencies have since apprehended those involved.

READ  2015: Umeh open up on Why APGA endorsed Jonathan

Oguta LGA is the strongold of former Senator, Chief Arthur Nzeribe.

147 Comments

Franklin

The emergence is an evidence of credible election in Imo state. Political traders have been defeated. Ohakim go & do more with your cohorts in jail!

Franklin

The emergence of chief Okorocha is an evidence of credible election in Imo state. Political traders have been defeated. Ohakim go & do more with your cohorts in jail!

After all the text messages composed against Owelle by Ikiri,his bragging & the Imo money he spread, yet he lost disgracefully to the destined. Am sorry for Ohakim because he has a lot to account for. Up APGA.

Opara chukwuma

Congrats to all Imos! For sure,Imo can now experience a true new face.Good for Imos,Good INEC,Good for Nigeria.Am so excited!

Jega you too much.

I have less to say cos the result tells it all.

Ohakim Justice

Though, I hail from Okigiwe Zone that has lost its remaining 4year term to Orlu Zone, I am comfortable okay by the pronouncement of Owelle Rochas Anayo Okorocha as Imo Governor-Elect by INCE.
It has showed that the Imolites (Igbos) are not selfish as my brother Ikedi Ohakim thought that their mandate can bought over. Having insulted us by sharing the State Money and the ones he borrowed, we still made our choice known to the whole world.
I thank God he failed….
God Bless Owelle Rochas Anayo Okorocha
God Bless Imolites
God Bless Ndi Igbo
God Bless Nigeria!
May the respectful souls of Slianed Corps Members rest in perfect Peace-Amen

tank god rochas finaly mad it am so hapi

SANDRA EZE

AM SO EXCITED.CONGRATE ROCHAS MY BROTHER.FREE & FAIR ELECTION I UP HOLD D.

tony ume

Ohakim sorry my brother, you have tried your best upon all the money you shared just to retain the seat and you failed. this suppose to tell you that you cannot buy God’s blessing with money. You can go and continue eating your loot in jail because i know the real new face of Imo will not let you go score free. Sorry next time try to respect God in anything you do. you know too well that you never won election in 2007 this is the only reason why you should have worked for Imo so that they will re-elect you but you never did so instead you keep on intimidating the people that put you on the sit this should teach you a lesson but unfortunately it is too later. You will come out for Governorship again when you die and re-incanate and change your attitude. your own chance is gone byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

TRUE TALK MA BROTHER I THUT HE CAN BUY THE YOUTH THANK GOD IT IS CLEAR NOW THAT HE IS NOTHING BUT A MERE HUMAN BEING UPON ALL THE ACCUSATION AGAINST ROCHAS.

Dont worry, Okigwe will complete their tenure later….if Ararume was a good candidate, we all would have gone for him but he’s a suspect cos we have tested him too..

This is the time IMO People should give God Thanks for answering our prayers.
Ikiri is Out forever…………Hurray Praise God………….

Stupid animall…IKIRI..but he never realised that.

James Agwu

Thank God Rochas has won am from Abia state but i like Rochas since 2001 please you people have to help me to get intouch with Owelle

i thank God the man of ppl won the election ROCHAS

MAKE UNA HOLD IKIRI FROM DRINKING RAT POSION OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHDADDY ROCHAS YOU HAVE GIVEN IMO PEACE,NA YOU WE KNOW,A BIG CONGRAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank God, ikiri ohakim cannot ‘Dupe more’ again. Am 4rm his LGA but never supportd him. He is wicked, Godless, infact he is anything but good. I appeal he goes to jail with his wife chioma bcus she is like her husband.
Rev. Mbaka’s professy has come 2 pass.
Onye ahu kuru father ihe o gaghi achi anyi ozo…

Anonymous

THAN K God owelle rochaswon .that idiot ikedi ohakim should go and rest .he a loser and will forever b e a loser.since he beat a rev father ,that is the begining of his hell fire with his thug .chineke abuolagi onu,ikedi ohakim.we ideato students are happy for our brother.long live owelle

Anonymous

owelle owelle kanyi ga eso ,ma ona ejeje m a ona alala owelle kanyi ga eso

chimaobi

The voices of men is the voice of God. God has done it again for the people of Imo, we are still hoping that he will do it in Abia b/w TA and Ikechi.

evang chima

tank God Rochas won.it is now clear to imolites dat ohakim is a disappointment to dis generation.

When a sitting governor is not declared winner from day 1 after the election, it must only be that he lost the election. Ohakim lost from day 1, but thought that the power of incumbency was enough to rig the election. Unfortunately, Owelle Rochas have the people’s mind, and Ohakim could not steal enough vote.

The contest of Presidential candidate to Governor elect. congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pls my felow Imo ppl lets observ a munite silent 4 d deat of mr Ikedi Ohakim.

i know rocha will win and win again and again,in every zone we have gud peoples and rochas is one of best in south east,tank u sir for indicating ur intrest to serve ur people, (CONGRATULATION)

Thank God, Rochas later made it after all sharing imo money frm ohakim, dat means dat our God neither sleeps nor slumber. Bt sir Rochas pls dn’t disappoint we d Imos wen u assume d office. Long live all imo, long live ndi igbo, long live nigeria.

Anonymous

I got over 30 different text messages from Ohakim against Rochas. The more I got them, the more it became clear to me that Ohakiya will fail. I’m from Abia too. I’ve a dream that one day God will give Abia a good leader like ROCHAS.

Ohakim am the person who called u on ur campaign on radio 100.5 fm in 2007 asked u about free education in the state but u said dat not all sec & prim wil pay 4 dat we knw the lesprivedge in our community in dat case the poor ones will be free education ,but wht is happing my dear bros even ur own wife open her mouth and said dat school is made for rich men in the society and u in the other hand said u are ikiri aka mpa nobody can take away anytin u hold,see how u and ur wife use mouth and destroy ur political career. I even heared dat you flogged a rev father whc i dont believe till date but for the journalist i think i believe dat one. My advice to you ohakim is dat you have to learn to seek advice frm GOD and stop living arrogantly believing dat nobody is above you, too bad for. Go and reconcile with ur enemies dat way pple of imo we forgive u ur sins. Accept rochas with good faith and respect. Mbakwe will never forget in the mind of igbos yes he made a comment sayin “if i dont rule is it ur father or mother is going to rule” that was then bros learn to keep ur mouth shut. Very soon yuguda governor of Bauchi state state taste his own soup of life dat is just life no two ways about that mark my word.

congrat jega ,congrat,the army commanda,congrat owelle rochas congrata all the imo people congrat to the rv father that was insulted ,congrat to me because god has don it ,then for ikiri ararume light has covered your eye and owelle have catch you ,you see you are not bigger than god foolish animal when you go to jail claim ikiri because nobody

long liv imo,long liv anayo rochas okorocha.i luv u somuch i ve alwys prayd 4 u to win and it has cum to pass bt pls ve mercy on us studnt d sch fee is 4much plssss

Enyii Aghachi

I WANT TO THANK INEC, UNDER THE LEADERSHIP OF PROF. JEGA, FOR THE COURAGE AND DETERMINATION EXHIBITED SO FAR IN UPHOLDING THE COLLECTIVE WILL OF THE PEOPLE. THIS IS SIMPLY DEMOCRACY! SACROSACTITY OF THE BALLOT BOX SHOULD NOT ONLY BE RESPECTED BUT MUST BE SEEN TO BE RESPECTED.

I have been waiting for this day,and finally i lived to witness it,Glory to God for knwing our heart desire he has silenced d silencer and brought d evil one to book.The black sheep of my State(Imo State)has no defender again,d devil he has working with has turn his back on him.hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha…MR.IKEDI OHAKIM na u i dey laf o.Let me congratulate my Hon.Gov.His EXCELLENCY CHIEF DOCTOR OWELLE ROCHAS ANAYO OKOROCHA for his success.plz lead well coz i’m fellow ur footsteps.God give u the grace Amen.

I am an imolite permanently staying in johannesburg. From my view, I think the reason thy ohakim lost this election is because he has a quear character. He contested under the plathform of pdp, a party that could stand a chance of winning even when lucifer becomes their flag bearer. For a person like ohakim to loose this election despite his financial might, it means he has to give his life to christ and get discipled as a christian. Imo is not happy with him and I don’t think God is.

To God be the glory. Sad end for a bad man.

Thank God for imolitis. Wen God try to give a wicked man an opportunity to repent, he feels dt He(God) does not exist but wen He raises His hand, the wicked can never hide 4rm it. Ohakim confes ur sin nw so dt u suffer only on dis earth.

first let me used this opportunity to thang inec chairman for credible and tranparent election he has declered in imo state,because nigeria to be better we need good leader wax’ up anayo rochas congra

nwakamma Agochukwu

Yes! Owelle Rochas is a true leader, ofcourse a leader is one who shows the way and goes the way. Rochas has already shown the way by his philantropist activities. Given his anticidents, somebody who used his personal wealth and train a lot of people in school… i mean, we want Rochas, no two ways! is either Rochas or no IMO. Goodluck Rochas Goodluck Imolites Goodluck APGA and Goodluck Nigeria.

Ohakim, Ohakim, Ohakim the terriorist u c your life, i advice u to go and seek for forgiveness from God. At least this has taught u a big lesson that the evil that men do lives with them and no longer after. ur attitude stinks and ur over proudness and loud mouth made u loss d support of ur God fathers who u tot were as bad as u. rem by ur words on quote : D president is my personal friend and i enter his private bedroom any time i like , unquote. but u forgot that when God says yes not even u can say no. i dont have pity 4 u i will only say ROT IN JAIL. UP ROCHAS< UP IMOLITES< UP OUR GOD FEARING PRESIDENT, UP MY MAN JEGA

Congratulation sir, “owelle” d pples choice and to OCHINA TATA, save journey.

WOW, thank God for bringing in a good leader for Imo state,is gonna be a very new start, new life, for Imo state Rochas Okorocha is the man yah!!!!!!!!!!!

Henry Agbai

Am so happy 4 imo pple igbo nation as a whole justice have been done if God b 4 us who can be against us PDP tried 2 rig but cannot Rocha’s the entire south east is solidly behind u i wish & pray that de same justice wil visit Abia my home nevertheless God time is always de best long live imo,long live Abia long live south eastern region,long live Biafra communities.CONGRAT ,BRAVO Owelle Rocha’s Okoroacha

Anonymous

congratulations to Rochas, lead imo state to the promise land,may god see u through amen.

Victory at last for Imo State! The wicked shall not go unpunished. He must be tried for his sins against Imo people.

first let me used this opportunity to thang inec chairman for credible and tranparent election he has declered in imo state,because nigeria to be better we need good leader. wax’ up anayo rochas congra

RIDE ON CHIO.., U SAID IT AS IT IS…….!!! OHAKIM WILL NOT SEE BETTER IN HIZ LIFE FOR BEATING A REV FATHER.. DE ANGER OF GOD IZ UPON HIM.. I ONCE RAN INTO HIZ KIDS IN LONDON & DEY WERE LAVISHIN MONEY AS IF DEY PRINT POUNDS IN DIA BEDROOM… HMMMMMMM. IMOLITES, U VE CAUSE TO CELEBRATE.., UR GOD HAS DELIVERED U GUYZ FROM ANOTHER OSAMA BIN LADEN…..!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It ain’t a mere talk mehn..Thumbs up Owelle! thumbs up Imolites!! thumbs up my man Jegaism free-fair-crediblity!!!. Baba GOD is three much… mehn this’s jubilation atima……Let’s celebrate with Owelle in advance……………Mbaise kwenu!!…..

Ohakim, everybody just speak the same ‘evil’ about you; are you that bad? You need to ask God for deliverance and forgiveness. I see you having a chat with EFCC; that you may not be exonerated.

Thank God 4 given us victory. Imo state is hereby rochassilized.

GOD HAS ANSWERED MY PRAYER.GOD BLESS ROCHAS,GOD BLESS GOODLUCK.GOD BLESS JEGA,GOD BLESS IMO,GOD BLESS NIGERIA.NIGERIA RED CROSS REJOICES WITH U ROCHAS OUR PRESIDENT

igboeri esomchukwu

doom on ohakim the man who thought he is a god. Owelle u are the man of the people, i like since 2003 cos of u philantrophic life to poor people. I know that light has come to imo state.congrat my leader and good people of imo state.

Ohakim,you cannot bribe God.That sit is not for you from time.We have made our choice nobody can change the hand clock.Your time to change policy is over Bye.I pray that EFCC should investigate you and your cabinet,family and your hotel in South AFrica.

OBI ANDERSON

BROTHER I REALLY AGREE WITH U,MY PRAYER IS FOR HIM TO GO JAIL

Iykecollins

Imolites can now breath freely again that the monster called Ohakiha has been immured. Up Rochas..u can now apply your theory of rochanomics which naija did not allow you then in Imo. I admire your vission

Justice mbanaso

Owelle is now our man in imo state, i pray that god will help him.

GOOD EXULTATION FOR INEC IN ELECTION 2011,HOWEVER WHAT IS THE LEGAL IMPLICATION OF A LOCAL GOVT IN IMO STATE BEING DENIED OF THEIR CIVIC RIGHT IN SELECTING THEIR GOVERNO,

Rev. Fr. JD,JP

The era of godfatherism is over. Money no longer count. Prayer and people’s votes speaks louder and clearer. The politicians have a lot to learn. If not, next four years we shall decide again. Bravo, Goodluck Jonathan for a free and fair election. To God be the glory!!!

Big congratulations my People. God has done it again. When our God Opens a door, no one can close it. At last, Imo state is recovered from the hands of the devourers- Ohakim and his agents. Let us rejoice for our Lord is good and let His name be glorified for ever and ever Amen.
My brother Rochas, seek God’s Wisdom and Knowledge and you will be a successful leader. God bless imo State.

I will continue to doff my cap for GEJ who promised a free and fair elections and to Jega who implemented the promise, one thing is certain that nigerians have woken up to their rights to choose their own leaders, i congratulate my fellow brethren from imo for choosing rightly, we will continue to set the pace.

Augustine Uche (Frm Accra-Ghana)

Owelle, congratulations. Now like my brother has said, seek the wisdom of God first and you will make it like late Dee Sam Mbakwe. Now you have to understand that it’s not the God fathers that elected you, but the ordinary people of Imo state, so no excuses if you fail. Do not allow Iwuanyanwu and the dieing Arthur Nzeribe to come near you. Please try and embrace everybody, no matter his party affiliation.
What we need most is good and quality road net works and sound education and your name will be written in Gold.
God be with you.

I lyk wat Augustine said.I jst pray Rochas doesn’t disappoint his people cos it was neida godfatherism nor nepotism that made him governor elect of Imo. If i’m privileged to see Rochas now,all i’d tell him is,PLS,MAKE D PEOPLE PROUD..I BELIV IN U,OWELLE

rochas is the kind of man the people of imo state wants

Anonymous

Yes this a change of reality, an indication that IMO must be beter. who said Nigeria will not change it just a mertter of who is invole, Goodluck has shown that we can if the right people are giving a chance.AS for Governor electOWELLE ROCHAS it is time to show the stuff he is made of
I wish him goodluck

abarigwe

god is working,imo on the move again.up rochas

rochas is the man imo state need 2 rescue them.

SIR. CONGRATULATYION MY ROCHAS I TRUST U AND I KNOW WHAT U CAN DO FOR IMO PEOPLE AND I BELIEVE 2015 U WILL BE MY PRESIDENT BECAUSE U BESERVE IT.THANK

SIR. CONGRATULATION MY ROCHAS I TRUST U AND I KNOW WHAT U CAN DO FOR IMO PEOPLE AND I BELIEVE 2015 U WILL BE MY PRESIDENT BECAUSE U BESERVE IT.THANK

Its a new dawn! Its d begining of beta tns 2come! Now d ppl’s mandate counts! I hv bn in exile symbolically cos we happened 2b in d hands of some animalistic dictators. Am now a free man. I now hv my say. Congrats once more ‘the ppl’s choice’… Imo kwenu! Imo kwenu! Imo kwesuo nu ooo! D Imolites deserves a special mention 4 their tenacity in protecting their mandate even in d face of fearsome threats, harsh weather, n stern looking soildiers. This’s wat u r known 4. I hail u all. I’m indeed proud of u guys! Ikiri has gone back 2d zoo where he right belongs. Pop pop pop champagne. Imo is agog wt happiness n great sigh of relieve.

I thank God that Nigeria is comming to a stage where the party you belong will no more count but the personality of the contestant.
God has not finished with Nigeria.

Our own Owelle, The Rochas we know. Congratulations not only for you but the entire good people of Imo State. My request is Sound Education for our children, Portable Water for the entire State, Agricultural Developments, Massive creation of Jobs/ Industrialization of our State, Try and build an ultra modern multipurpose business Plaza/ Mall for Tourism. Hope that with these projects, our state will be greater for live. May God help you and bless you, long life Imo State.

Anonymous

Congratulations, May the good God guid you and protect you as you lead Imo to the promise land.

Acho Milliki

Ikiri, courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. Why are you sitting down helplessly moping like moron? Why you don’t want to join all the Imolite in the celebration of the victory of Owelle ndi Igbo ji eje mba. You should have thank your star that, the peoples mandate was not robbed and denied because, it would have been very detrimental and disastrous for you, your entire generation and all the political traders in Imo state. All the Imo Diaspora would have showed you that Imo state nwere mmadu.

Acho Milliki

As we are celebrating the victory of Owelle ndi Igbo ji eje mba, we should also thank almighty God in heaven for sending Owelle Rochas Anayo Okorocha to come and deliver the children of Imo State because, we have wandered so long in the wilderness under the bad governance of all the political traders in Imo State. We should ask God to grant him wisdom, long life and prosperity.

Anonymous

MAY THE PEACE OF THE LORD BE WIT IMO STATE

NWACHUKWU CHRIS.

THANK GOD FOR GIVING US THE MAN OF OUR CHOICE, THE MAN OF THE PEOPLE AND HOPE OF THE YOU. CHIEF ROCHAS OKOROCH (OWELE NDI IGBO).

CHIEF ROCHAS OKOROCHA! YOU ARE THE HOPE OF THE YOUTH0 CONGTATULATIONS. THE IMOLITES LOVE U SO MUCH AND WE WILL KEEP PRAYING FOR GOD TO STRENGTHEN YOU TO LEAD YOUR PEOPLE TO A GREATER HEIGHT. GOODLUCK OUR RELIABLE MAN.

Nonyerem

Chideraa is ur name henceforth. Pls neva u forget d masses dat voted u in.we love u dearly!

Chidiebere Nduanusi

Unlike the outgoing devil, Ohakim, remember you are now seen as a “saint” who is non-tested, non-proven and unstained in d douglas house. Don’t betray the confidence we have in you as we believe that you have all it takes to put smiles on our faces

Mr.Innocent Nwosu N.

Do not loose sight of unity Government and always err on the side of caution.

Avert obsolete advice and focus more on innovatives for quality and efficient service delivery.

Review past mistakes to make the present an enduring one.
Consolidate on life experience and philantropy in your leadership quality to make difference.

Revert to equity to accommodate inordinate ambitions as prerequisite to sustaining true democracy in Imo state.

Never allow your tenure to divide the corporate existence of Imo state.
Make definite inroads into building an egalitarian state with high disciplinary potentials and respect to rule of law.

Integrate into the state with young,intelligent and dynamic personnels of greater human resource and marketing flexibility,drive and ambition to achieve target.

Think beyond APGA as your maker because your victory is already destined.

Always Glorify God.

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S.

pastor peter igwe

congratulations,
i thank God that he gave you the grace to come up to lead imo state. even though i will say that you have over grown the level of governor counting on what you have done so far most people who has been governor has not done it to people
but is good you start here but will wish to see you in the house of rep looking forward to the presdency in future
God bless you
pastor peter igwe
LIFE OF CHRIST REVIVAL @ DELIVERANCE MINISTRIES SOUTH AFRICA

Korie Chisom

Bravo! Bravo!! The man of imo, the pple’s choice. Ride on, God is with u.

Mr chibuzor martins

I am one of the son of the land in Imo State but i stay in Ghana, God has later brought a real leader in IMO state. I will there soon to see him one -one. The land of hope for all.

Best regards,
Chibuzor

This Okorocha don dey since when i dey primary school? 1999 he still dey make monies like never before. I am glad Naija is hopeless until God kill off this politicians, nothing will ever changed, I pray they suffered heart attacks on a grand scale

loads of beneficial stuff to digest