The economist like every other professional must concerns himself primarily with the ultimate aims of improving economical values of mankind Remi ODEWALE…. Nov. 2016
Looking at the tremendous economical growth experienced in the state of Osun culminated with the scarce resources available to the government, I sums up what in many ways is required to be showcased regarding the RAUFNOMICS effect as we journey into another year of RAUFORMATION and RAUFNOMICS administration.
I was privilege to attend the RAUFNOMICS colloquium on the 24th of November 2016, where the governor declared one over-ridding resolution and that is to “Help drive infrastructural growth and create more employment across the state.
Under listed are the FACTs of 1460 Days ago.
1. 750,000 school students provided with school uniform
2. Primary School Funding Grants increased from N7.4 million to N424 million a year
3. Secondary School basic funding grants from N171 million to N427 million per year
4. 150,000 students provided with computer tablets (Opon imo), an electronic learning tool preloaded with 17 subjects, 54 textbooks, and past questions of JAMB, WAEC AND NECO of the past 10years
5. Tuition Fees in State-owned Tertiary Institutions reduced by 30%
6. 240,000 children feed daily with nutritious meals under the Osun Elementary School Feeding and Health Programme coupled with empowerment of over 3,000 caterers
1. 123 kilometers of waterways (streams, arteries, canals) dredged to keep the state flood-free for three years
2. Beautification of the 185 km Oyo Boundary (Asejire) to Osun-Ondo Boundary (Owena)
3. Trucks provided for a Public-Private Partnership waste management model in the state
4. Osogbo Railway Station underwent massive rehabilitation.
5. Construction of international standard relaxation garden/park named after Nelson Mandela aka Freedom Park.
1. Security of lives and properties being guaranteed with provision of 50 Armored Personnel Carrier, over 150 security patrol vehicles and one helicopter for area surveillance
2. 5 state of the art police stations built
1. 318 km roads being built across the 30 Local Government Areas and Ife East Area Office, Modakeke.
2. 61 Township roads covering 1000km is being rebuilt all over the state with reinforced concrete drainage
3. Building of super highways to connect Osun to Lagos and Osun to Kwara States (under construction)
4. 70% completion stage of Oba Adesoji Aderemi 25km Ring Road dual carriage way with street lightning.
1. 40,000 Youths Employed under the Osun Youth Empowerment Scheme with over N2.4 billion injected to the economy as allowances for the OYES Volunteers
2. Over 3,000 permanent teachers employed into the state education sector
3. Over 2,500 non-educational permanent staffs employed in the state.
4. Over 400 youth trained and employed as paramedics with Osun Ambulance service.
5. Over 3000 caterers employed for elementary school feeding programme
1. 5,000 Youths trained and empowered in Information communication technology under the Osun Youth Empowerment Technology (OYESTECH)
2. 2 billion naira support through the micro credit scheme for the entrepreneur
3. Over 5000 farmers empowered through Oreap Scheme
4. 10,000 naira monthly allowance for over 1500 old age people
1. Over 1,765 hectares of land cleared and prepared to support farmer
2. Rehabilitation of farm settlements in the state
3. Over N1 billion committed to support farmers
4. Building of the largest commercial apiary in Sub-Saharan Africa for refined honey production.
1. 9 State Hospitals and 12 comprehensive health centers being rehabilitated in the state; 74 Primary Health Centers built
2. Osun Ambulance Service Authority Established with 400 youths trained as paramedics
3. 24 hrs. Free medical treatment for every accident victims with over 10,000 victims benefited
4. Rehabilitation and empowerment of over 500 mentally challenged victims across the state
Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola is a leader that has the deep knowledge, the understanding, the skills and the capacity to bring the Global Standard to Local Setting, which is the evident of his TRANSFORMATION and ECONOMIC drive in the state of Osun.
Remi ODEWALE writes from Ifetedo in Ife South Local Government