Even die-hard iPhone fans have to admit that the AMOLED displays on other phones, particularly those from Samsung, look better than the LCD screens on iPhones.
But if the rumors are true, iPhone fans may no longer need to concede bragging rights to other phone screens, as Apple is reportedly looking to use a form of OLED display on the next iPhone. Just prepare your wallet, because OLED isn’t cheap.
But that’s just one of the rumors we’re hearing. Check out all the latest scuttlebutt surrounding Apple’s next iPhone.
- There will be an S model of the iPhone 7
- In addition to the S model, Apple will sell a third “high-end” iPhone
- Regardless of its display size, a growing number of analysts say the iPhone 8 actually won’t feature a curved screen after all
- However big it turns out, the iPhone 8 screen sounds likes it’s going to be incredible
- The front surface of the ultra-premium iPhone will be all display, with no borders or bezels
- The iPhone 8 will mostly be made of glass, with an aluminum frame
- The home button will be invisibleThe iPhone 8 will support wireless charging